(PRESTIGE CLASS: This class is not available at character creation and must be unlocked by meeting special requirements, listed below.)
(Special Note : Upon taking this class your alignment will be moved towards chaotic. If you are a lawful character, and have a class like Paladin, not only will you no longer be able to progress as a Paladin, you will find many of your Paladin abilities disabled. Samurai and Kensai abilities are not disabled by such a shift.
RULE SPECIFIC TO THUG CHARACTERS: Pay attention, abusing the alignment shift mechanic in combination with the delevelling mechnanic in order to create a build which would otherwise not be possible will be considered an exploit. For example, Making a Paladin, taking 1 level of Thug, then removing the Thug level and making a Paladin Bard (although you lose some Paladin abilties anyway), or for another example, Monk/Bard or Monk/Barbarian. Once taken, then you are expected to keep the Ronin class. If you need to rebuild, a full rebuild is expected.
Anyone found to have a character with shifted alignment due to the Thug class but without Thug levels can expect a punishment, that could range from a forced rebuild to deletion of character.
Bar room brawls and late night alleyway muggings are your style, you're not sneaky, and you're not miss popularity. Specializing in cheap shots and using whatever is laying around to get an advantage, whether it's a stray brick or a broken bottle is how you've learned to stay alive and make a profit in these filthy back streets.
Feats: Waepon proficiency:Martial, Knockdown, BAB: +5.
- Hit Die: d8
- Base Attack Bonus: High.
- High Saves: Fortitude.
- Weapon Proficiencies: None.
- Armor Proficiencies: None.
- Skill Points: 4 + Int modifier.
- Class Skills: Bluff, Intimidate, Lore, Craft Weapon, Craft Armour, Survival, Set Trap, Craft Trap, Disable Trap, Parry, Taunt.
- Disgraceful: Upon becoming a Ronin you suffer a 5 point penalty to Diplomacy, and a -2 penalty to spot, listen, and search
- Reckless Attack: At 2nd level, once per 2 minutes a Thug can make a charge attack. The effect lasts for 2 rounds. During this time they gain 1 additional attack, a 50% movement speed increase, and base weapon damage rolls are maximized. However, for 1 round afterwards they are slowed by 50% and they suffer a 4 point penalty to (Dodge) AC.
- Sneak Attack: At level 1 the Thug gains 1d6 sneak attack. This increases to 2d6 at level 3 and 3d6 at level 5.
- Impromptu Sneak Attack: At level 2 gain Impromptu sneak attack which allows you to deny your opponent their dexterity bonus for 1 round (cooldown 2 minutes). At level 4 this becomes the improved version (cooldown 1 minute).
- Improved Banzai Charge: At level 5, once per minute a Thug can make a charge attack. The effect lasts for 2 rounds. During this time they gain 2 additional attacks, a 100% movement speed increase, and base weapon damage rolls are maximized. There is no penalty after the charge unlike with the basic version of this feat.